« Home | When you're slidin into third and you feel... » | Skeletons...Not Just for Halloween anymore » | Room to make a big mistake » | TGIF » | Monday Yuck!!! » | My Friday ya'll » | Just Another Manic Monday!! » | son of a beeotch » | New Truck...ya whoooo!!!! » | Fun Wkend »

Whatta Wreck!

SO Friday was the worst day...like ever! Well it was Homecoming and the whole town (all like 1,000 population) was out in force getting their floats ready for the parade. Well I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off and jumped into my car ready to race off to pick up another client. Well the blonde highlites must have sunk into my brain and well..... I thought I was in reverse but was really in drive and crashed into the chain link fence at work. I mean not like a little bit into the fence but MY WHOLE CAR was under the frickin fence. Mostly b/c when I went to slam on the breaks, I was so freaked out that I accidentally hit the GAS!!
So there I am with my car more than half way under the fence ...sitting in the middle of the softball field. With the WHOLE town driving by staring at me. Well I had no choice but continue to drive until the fence was off of my car(which bent my rear suspension...f**ck!!!!!) So I step out of the car, shaking violently, sick to my stomach b/c my BABY was so scratched up I couldn't recognize her! I hobble to my boss's office and fell to my knees and whimpered... "please help me" I know it sounds overly dramatic, but 1) I LOVE MY CAR and take excellent care of it 2) I crashed the fence at work..badddd 3) did I mention how much I love my car 4) how the hell am I gonna pay for this???!!!
So my boss (superintendent of Schools) picked me up, wiped my tears (how humiliating...f**k) and went to survey the damage. When I kind of stopped shaking I stood up to see out the window what was up. He came back in and said its really scratched and you have a few dents, but for jumping that parking curb, I don't think you have any damage underneath at all. I asked him to call Maintenance and have them come unlock the gate so I could get out of the field before the parade comes marching by and my son sees how dumb his mom is!!! SO we got it out and it drove fine. He told me to take the day off and do what I had to do with the car. He said don't worry about the fence, its on me. Because I just kept apologizing profusely b/c I felt so inept!
Well the short of it is about $3500 worth of body/paint damage. And my suspension is bent underneath, but my mechanic thinks it will be easy to fix. SO I am now dealing with auto adjusters before any work can begin and I wrenched my back really bad so I am dealing with medical adjusters to pay my chiropractor. (Missus J, I totally feel for your back blogs especially having to crawl through the window, I wince at even having to think of doing that!) Fuck me!!!! I am exhausted and it has only just begun. All the while I am thinking where am I gonna come up with the $500 deductible? IF any of you are praying people, please pray for a financial miracle for me b/c short of that who knows what's gonna happen!
On a happier note, Halloween was good, got a lot of little ghouls. Q was the happy/stoned Scream guy with a huge wig full of dread locks. Hilarious, if I knew how to download pics..like you pro bloggers do...I would share. But once again, can't figure it out.

Bad day! Luckly your boss wasn't an ass about it.

Post a Comment
Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam