« Home | Mutha' Sucka' » | Single in the city » | Soooo cool »

Fun Wkend

Well it was another busy fun filled wkend. Saturday was the Nez Perce Co. Fair, so I took my son of course and met my best friend Tina there. Well I almost had to take out a short term loan just to afford to go!!!!! It was $13 in advance for a wristband for the carnival and then it was $$5.50 for me to just get in and $$3.00 for Q. Well then when you get in the door, of course you are hungry and everything starts at about $5 a piece. The cheapest this was water for a $1. Well as soon as I looked at Q's second place picture he drew( very proud by the way) he was out of there, leaving me in the dust and calling out to him check back in with me in an hour. Then thinking man, my parents used to drop me off at the front gate and say see you when it closes (11pm) what tha? I could not imagine doing that to my precious baby...hee hee, but he would sure like me to.
Well we walked around and ate and I off course went of my diet and probably gained back the 18 lbs I have lost so far, but the ice cream was worth it!!! Then Q comes back saying he is sick and wants to leave and being the loving mom that I am I said "are you kidding? Not with how much I just paid to get us in here" Loving huh? Well he rested and felt okay later and caught up with more friends and had fun. We left about 7:30 pm, 7 hours was enough for me.
Sunday we went to church and Q brought his friend Jalon with him. On the comment cards, Q wrote I love Jesus...ahhhhh cute! Well they liked it and are planning to go back Ya Who!!! Need all the help I can get. Then we took our Demon dog Josie and Jalon's puppy to walk in the park at Spaulding. Its a historical park for the Nez Perce and Q showed me the "whipping Tree" where the missionaries tied the Natives to and beat them into submission. Very sad, but was proud my son knows his heritage. We hike around and saw a bunch of wild turkeys in the field. Very cool, Kodi you would have loved it. The dogs loved it too! So it was a full wkend and I'm tired today but it was worth it. Q has his next football game tomm. Let you know how he does!!!

I am sure I would have loved it, doubly so enjoying it with you. I have to tell you, I laughed my ass off over the blog with the dog in the car barking madly at every vehicle that you passed. Almost peed my pants.
I am right there with you on the disparity between how I raise Kiri and how my parents raised me. I remember Shane and I being home alone late at night when we were only 7 and 10 years old. I could never have done that with Kiri. I'm fighting with her now to keep me informed of where she is at all times. Even bought her a cell phone, which she figures is to be used gabbing with friends rather than calling her mother and telling her she is going to the movies with so and so. Good thing I spent all that money so she could stay in touch with the friends that she sees every day in school. At thirteen they think you should give them all your money, and then let them do whatever they want. Kiri is finding out fast it doesn't work that way. It is a constant battle, though there are enough good times in between talking to each other, and riding horses together to make up for the headaches.

Post a Comment
Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam