« Home | Soooo cool »

Single in the city

So yesterday me and my best friend decided that life was boring, we're tired of being single...well actually I am pissed at getting dumped after a 5 1/2 yr relationship...Anyway we decided to go to a singles group through the church we started attending. we show up expecting some males to be there right..?! Well low and behold only one guy showed up and four of us women.
I am sitting there thinking well if these are the odds no wonder I keep finding assholes out there, that's all that are left. Meanwhile I am suppossed to be praying for members in the group right?But I couldn't help straying off subject and half expecting a lightning bolt to zap me in the forehead for not paying attention to the task at hand.
Don't get me wrong, I have been single before this last failed relationship for like 5 years after the big D (divorce) and I am not scared to be alone..well just me and my son, but I had at least wanted there to be the option of not being single again. So instead of feeling good that I wasn't the only single person left on the planet, I just started looking around the table and thought at least me and my friend are the cutest ones here, maybe we have a chance. Once again waiting for the lightning bolt. It never came though.
A a disclaimer though, the town I live in has a population of lie 1,000 and the next town has about 26,000. There is not a good way to meet guys. You can go to the bar and take your chances there...no thanks, or you can know someone who knows someone who might have someone in mind. Hasn't worked so great for me in the past. SO we tried this option, maybe we are just gonna have to tackle some guy who looks single AT CHURCH! Think they frown upon that kind of behavior?

Church is a great place to meet a man who, because he is attending church, shows some inclination towards something other than getting drunk and picking his nose. Not a bad place to start. Have you ever seen the movie "Under the Tuscun Sun"? There is a section where the sad, lonely woman is told by a nice fatherly like man about the train tracks that were built over the Alps before there was even a train in existence that could make the trip. They built the tracks because they knew someday, the train would come. Babe, your train will come. And it will arrive when you least expect it. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the mental image of you tackling some dude in church.

Post a Comment
Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam